Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Poppy Seed

I told you I would be back!

So, to catch everyone up, the latest adventure in the Hunt household is set to arrive in a few weeks, like 4 or 5. I can't believe our little man is almost here and it's even harder to believe that Sam started as a poppy seed. Yes, this sweet child who has taken over my body (literally) started as a poppy seed.

God has amazed me throughout this pregnancy - when I read Psalm 139 now ("For I knit you in your mother's womb...") I think about how what started as a poppy seed, God knew exactly who Sam was, who he is going to be and even better, created him to be in our family. It's overwhelming to say the least...

Ok...need to focus and not get all emotional (God certainly has a sense of humor giving an already emotional mess of a woman pregnancy hormones!). Let's start at how Baby Hunt even came to be....(not like that...gross!)

Marc and I have known since we dated that we wanted a family. We knew it would happen in God's timing but there were also a few barriers that required patience (God forgot to give me some of that when I was created). Almost from the start of our marriage, Marc enrolled to be an online student at Asbury Theological Seminary. Once he was accepted, he started working part-time with Chick-fil-A which allowed Marc the flexibility to work and go to school, but this also meant a cut in pay and no benefits. I also don't receive benefits from the ministry I work for, so we had to buy our own. In case you didn't know, insurance is EXPENSIVE and if you want to include a maternity package, even more EXPENSIVE. So, we knew that we were not in a place to start a family because of Marc's commitments with school and work, our financial status and not having maternity insurance.

Fast forward 3 years and I was starting to get anxious. Marc had just over a year left in school and there was a chance that Chick-fil-A would approve a full-time position (which would offer benefits...yay!) before Marc was done with school. I had my heart set on this happening...I thought it was in the bank. And then Marc called to tell me it didn't work out. We were both heart broken. My prayers to God were more of a cry-fests and temper-tantrums asking why it didn't work out, why did He want us to wait longer, why why why...

I should know by now a few things (well a lot of things), but when it comes to our sweet Savior, that:
1. His timing is perfect
2. Not to question His plans
3. Sometimes, we don't get what we want, but that doesn't mean He doesn't love us or provide for us.

So, we were back to square one. We just continued doing life and praying that God would provide a way in His timing. God certainly has a sense of humor because a few months after this, we received an insurance brochure for a different insurance company. There wasn't anything to lose, so I called to get more information about their benefits. Come to find out, they offered maternity packages at a decent price - it would still be more than what we were currently paying, but we could thankfully afford it. BUT we had to enroll by the end of the year because at the start of the new year, they were canceling their maternity benefits for new customers.

Seriously?! God showed up in an insurance brochure in the mail - that's just how cool He is! So, we rang in 2011 with an opportunity to start a family for the first time! God taught me so many lessons throughout this process and I'm so thankful to know that this poppy seed was created in His most perfect timing!

No comments:

Post a Comment