Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Hold Up...

Please excuse this break in the preggo update for an important announcement: Sieara was on HOMECOMING COURT! My sweet mentee, who I have known since she was 15 and who is now about to be 18 (crazyness!) was nominated to be on Homecoming Court at her school. Last week, we went shopping for THE dress that made her feel like royalty while she strutted down the 50-yard line. I'm fairly certain I enjoyed picking out the dress as much as she did. She settled on a strapless dress with a pink and black sequenced-top and pleated skirt. You could tell it was THE dress because when she came out of the dressing room, she was twirling and holding out her skirt just like a princess would...I am blessed that I was able to witness such a sweet moment in her life.

Then we had to pick shoes and our moment was over...because I was reminded that Sieara is a teenage girl. Of course she wanted the shoes with the MOST heel, MOST platform and MOST sequences (aka...stripper shoes). Somehow, they too made her feel like a princess. Every part of my being ju
st thought those shoes were just a little too mature is probably the best way to describe it...but I caved.

Saturday night, Marc and I loaded up to go watch Sieara's homecoming football game...but let's be honest, I think Marc was the only one watching football. FINALLY, it was half time and the moment of truth. There could only be one Homecoming King and Queen.


I'm sad to say
that Sieara was not selected as Homecoming Queen...but at that point, it really didn't matter. She had confidently walked out onto the field, smiled and even applauded (with a smile) when they announced the winner. That night was for Sieara. Even though she didn't win, she was willing to take a risk - which I will just tell you, is a big, GI-normus moment in her life. Sieara felt so special and beautiful that night. My hope for her is that she knows, if she doesn't already, that her Heavenly Father thinks she is that special and beautiful every day of her life - Homecoming Queen or not (even though I do have to say Sieara looked MUCH cuter than the winner...just sayin....).

"You are altogether beautiful, my darling, beautiful in every way." - Song of Solomon 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment