Tuesday, August 24, 2010

So it begins....

I have thought about writing a blog for quite a while now and always ended up staring at a blank page. The thoughts are there but for some reason, I am intimidated by the blank screen staring back at me. Once upon a time, I was a Journalism major at the University of Georgia (Go Dawgs!), and I loved telling people's stories. Everyone has a story to tell...but telling my own is somehow different. But here we go FINALLY with the first post. However, being the neurotic person I am, I wasn't able to start writing until I had the perfect layout and when I mean perfect I mean that poor Marc spent an entire evening helping me create the layout that we call our blog home. Thank you Marc! :)

Well, I guess the best place to start is the beginning, so I'll attempt to keep it short. I grew up with my mom and stepdad in Greensboro, GA (aka the 'Boro) and with my dad who lives outside of Augusta in South Carolina. I always grew up in church and knew about God, but it was Dan and Leigh, my youth pastors, who introduced me to the living God. They were absolute fools for Christ and I loved it! I also met Marc in youth group. Marc and I dated on and off after graduating from highschool, but it wasn't until I transferred to UGA my sophomore year of college that we started dating with a "purpose," as I like to call it. After graduation, Marc and I ended up in corporate Atlanta. I did not understand 285 (and still don't really even though I know it's a circle) and I despised traffic. I missed the small town feel of the 'Boro and Athens. I see now it was just a part of the process for both me and Marc. Marc proposed in 2006 and we were married May 5, 2007. Coincidentally, in the Bible that Dan and Leigh gave our youth group when we graduated from highschool was dated May 5, 2002 and they had accidentally written my name in Marc's bible. Guess they knew something we didn't!

So to bring us up to speed, after 3 years of marriage, Marc and I have lived in 2 apartments, bought a house in the 'burbs, both changed jobs, and Marc went back to school. Sounds hectic huh? Well it was and it still is at times, but it's a life I wouldn't trade for anything. And, I have this feeling this adventure is only just beginning!

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jeremiah 29:11 (my favorite verse...EVER!)

No comments:

Post a Comment