Thursday, August 26, 2010

Running is not my friend today...

...ugh is about the best way to sum up my run this morning. I don't usually run in the mornings - mistake #1. I am not a morning person until I've had a cup of coffee and I had 1 sip before I jetted out - mistake #2. And, I'm pretty sure I had already decided I was not going to run well before I got out the door - mistake #3.

I know bad running days are part of it but I take it so incredibly personally, like, "What did I do to you running? I'm trying out here. Can I please not feel like a slug dragging across the pavement?" I guess a bad running day is part of growth in this process, just like my relationship with the Lord sometimes. And, just like running, it's my inconsistencies, stubbornness, and mental blocks that get in the way of progress. The Lord is constant, always there and never changes. This is GREAT news for someone like me that experience 5,478 emotions in one day.

Well, off to work...I'm confident running and I will make up before the race on Sunday!

"Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." - Hebrews 12:1-2

1 comment: